Employment Law – Fee Structure for Employers
|Simple Cases||£3,000 to £5,000 (excluding VAT)|
|Medium complexity cases||£5,000 to £7,500 (excluding VAT)|
|Higher complexity cases||£7,500 to £10,000 (excluding VAT)|
What do these fees include?
- Taking your initial instructions, reviewing papers and advising you on the merits of the case (this is likely to be revisited throughout the matter and subject to change);
- Preparing the claim or response to the claim;
- Reviewing and advising you on the claim or response from the other party;
- Exploring settlement negotiations and revisiting the possibility of settlement throughout the process;
- Preparing or considering the schedule of loss;
- Preparing for and attending any preliminary hearing;
- Exchanging documents with the party further to agreeing the bundle of documents;
- Taking witness statements and agreeing their content with witnesses;
- Reviewing and advising on the other party’s witness statements;
- Agreeing a list of issues, chronology and/or cast list; and
- Preparation for the Final Hearing, including identifying an appropriate counsel, and any instructions to that advocate.